Monday, April 5, 2010

BBQ dinner

It’s April which means it time to get out there and BBQ.


This isn’t the first BBQ of the year, but one of the best.


The meal consisted of well marbled ribeye steaks, asparagus wrapped in prosciutto and ciabatta garlic bread.


I love steak and my all time favorite cut is the ribeye. Tender, marbled and full of flavor all it needs is some sea salt, fresh ground pepper and for a little bit of something extra I like to put some red pepper flakes on it. After preheating the BBQ I throw it on there for about three to four minutes a side. It always end up being a perfect medium-rare.



Once the meat is done and resting I throw on the asparagus wrapped in prosciutto. The asparagus stays crunchy and the prosciutto crisps up. It’s a heavenly combination.




I absolutely love the ciabatta bread from Co-op. It has so much personality and stands up really well to being toasted or tossed on the grill slathered with butter, garlic and some red pepper flakes for a little zing.



Oh! I almost forgot one of my favorite additions. I quarter a lemon and put a quarter of it on the side of the grill the whole time everything is being cooked. It caramelizes a bit losing it’s tartness and when everything is ready I squeeze it on my steak and if I’m having some steamed veggies on them as well. It adds a nice brightness to everything.

2 comments:

The Hungry Devo's said...

Thanks for your great tips! I am going to make this for dinner tonight... Keep your tasty ideas coming!

- The hungry DeVuono's!

Travis said...

So yum. Love the lemon idea. I'll try it this weekend.