Friday, April 30, 2010

Panzanella

I love food that doesn’t take much effort yet still tastes amazing. That is why I love panzanella. There is not set recipe for panzanella, you can adapt it to whatever is in season and whatever you have in your fridge. Today I made mine from what I had sitting around and it turned out fantastic.


I cut a slice of ciabatta into small croutons and tossed them in some olive oil and whole grain cranberry mustard then I popped them in the oven to cook at 350 until nice and toasted.



When the bread toasted I cut some cherry tomatoes, a bit of yellow bell pepper and half an avocado into bite size pieces.



When the bread had turned into lovely croutons I took them out, mixed them with the veggies and drizzled some virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar over them. I finished it off with some fresh ground pepper and sea salt. From start to finish it took a total of ten minutes. Couldn’t be easier.

No comments: