Saturday, April 24, 2010

Delicious Roasted Tomatoes

The best booth at the Calgary Farmer’s Market opened up again and boy was I happy!


Gully Valley Greenhouse produces the most amazing tomatoes, butter lettuce, bell peppers and a few other veggies you can get.


All the tomatoes are excellent but right now my two favourite are the beefsteak tomatoes, sliced drizzled with olive oil, red wine vinegar, thinly sliced red onion and basil leaves, and the little cherry tomatoes.



What I like to do best with the cherry tomatoes is cut them in half, sprinkle with sea salt and roast in the oven at 275 for a couple of hours.


The result is amazing concentrated flavour.



They are great in pasta or salads but I like them the best when they are fresh out of the oven and still nice and warm.


I am so happy that spring has finally arrived.

No comments: