Wednesday, March 10, 2010

afternoon snack

Afternoon Snack.



I have been hungry all day and I finally decided to make myself something to eat. I headed to my fridge and made what has become my favorite lunch/snack/bite to eat lately. It is simple, pretty healthy and oh so satisfying.


I take a piece of ciabatta bread, cut it kinda of on the thick side and toast it.


I then drizzle the toast with some premium olive oil and a bit of balsamic vinegar to add a bit of a punch.






I top that off with half of a sliced avocado and then top that with prosciutto.





It is a crunchy, salty, smooth, and utterly delightful treat. When I have fresh farmer’s market tomatoes I like to add those as well and then top it off with some fresh ground pepper. The tomatoes make it a little tricker to eat but are delicious!



1 comment:

Travis said...

That looks so delicious! Except for the middle thing (avocado)